Revolution always reaches a point where the protagonists are termed as anarchists, but for the overhaul of the existing corrupt system anarchy is the pre requisite.
After the large win in Delhi elections and a lot of successful projects, AAP has become much popular in Punjab than other local parties. On the daily level, I discuss the things about Punjab Politics with my Punjabi Friends and on social media, and I always got some positive feedback fro AAP from them. Of course, the party has huge popularity and credit goes to past governments and their zero level work.
Why AAP will be the first choice in Punjab:
Punjab government completing it’s 5 years, and still, Punjab has bucket full problems. Today Corruption, unemployment, and Drugs are the main problems of Punjab. Also, the government is facing a huge anti-incumbency due to its corrupt practices, the dictatorial attitude of the deputy CM towards other leaders and a very huge rate of unemployment. These all issues have overshadowed their achievements. On the other hand, people hardly believe in Captain Amarinder Singh. Yes, he usually gets the support of urban and business class but remembers that most of the people in Punjab live in villages. Though Captain has a pro-farmer policy but side by side his support for privatization of education and health sector failed to create his good image among various government sector employees and bureaucrats.
So after facing these problems, people want some change, some alternative. A party which can change the Punjab. Currently, this is being seen in form of Aam Admi Party.
“दिल्ली हुयी हमारी है – अब पंजाब की बारी है”
- Anti-incumbency: here is a heavy anti- incumbency on BJP-SAD government which gives a fair chance for AAP.
- Change: People are used to SAD-BJP and Congress governments and want change.
- Anti – Drug Campaign: This will surely help them as this is a major issue in Punjab and AAP are frontrunners in leading this campaign.
- Delhi Factor: Delhi elections have boosted the confidence of AAP and all workers are enthusiastic.
- Media: Media will surely give the required attention to AAP as it is the newcomer.
- Anti- corruption: Akali- BJP has done a lot of corruption already and people are fed up with them and as Congress can’t raise an anti-corruption issue, AAP will surely score good points in that terms.
I have some expectations from AAP. I know they can win, they have that much potential but they have to find an honest CM face. As people in Punjab are fed up of Akalis. Punjab has become a hotbed of drugs and druggists. Unemployment, closing factories, Huge mismanagement of funds by the government.All these factors make an opportunity for AAP to win elections.
PS: I’m not from Punjab, just analyzed as I know a lot of people in Punjab and I took their opinion.