One week ago I was in my home village, we were discussing that the Yogi will never be BJP’s CM candidate. We never expected this choice. Now this topic is very hot for few socialists and very cold for few seculars. Yes Yogi Aditya Nath is now UP CM. I think he is the only guy with such staunch stand about Hindutva and Muslims. But on serious note I am very scared about UP and the fate of Muslim people in the state. As we’re listening Muslims especially women voted for BJP in the hope of a leader who is democratic and talks about development for all. But what they got is an individual who is not liberal, thinks about other communities and doesn’t really care about progress.
Bhakts should Scan his all speeches then they will see a guy who is similar to Owaisi standing on the other side of the pole.
Collected some statements given by Yogi Adityanath Sir:
- On Hindu rashtra: I will not stop till I turn UP and India into a Hindu rashtra. (At Etah UP in 2005)
- On (Hindus) ‘exodus’: When I look at western UP, I have regrets…On January 19 1990, Hindus had to migrate collectively from Kashmir. A massacre took place. If we have seen a sight similar to this anywhere, it was either in Bengal or western UP. Kairana and Kandhla are examples. (At Sahibabad on January 30, 2017)
- On minorities: We want you (minorities) not to kill anybody and live peacefully and concentrate on progress…If the other side does not stay in peace, we will teach them how to stay in peace…in the language that they understand. (During a TV programme on August 31, 2014)
- On Shah Rukh Khan: Shah Rukh Khan should remember that if a huge mass in (the) society boycotts his films, he will also have to wander on streets like a normal Muslim…I think there is no difference between the language of Shah Rukh Khan and (Pakistan terror mastermind) Hafiz Saeed. (On November 4, 2015)
- On conversions: If one Hindu girl is converted, we will convert 100 Muslims girls…The way Hindu girls are insulted, I don’t think a civilised society would accept it…If the government is not doing anything, then the Hindus will have to take matters into their own hands. (In an undated video, reportedly from a speech in Azamgarh)
- On love jihad: We will not tolerate harassment of Hindus in the state at any cost…If anybody tries to touch Hindus in eastern UP, he will have to face the consequences. (Undated)
- On secularism: You (non-BJP parties) claim you are secular but the agenda you implement is communal…there are 12 lakh Hindu saints in the country but you talk about giving salaries to imams. Is this secularism? (In parliament on August 13, 2014).
- On riots : There have been 450 riots in west UP in two-and-a-half years of Samajwadi Party because the population of a particular community is rising manifold. In places where there are 10-20% minority population, stray communal incidents take place. Where there are 20-35% of them, serious communal riots take place and where they are more than 35%, there is no place for non-Muslims. (at a rally in Noida on September 7, 2014)
- On Mother Teresa: Mother Teresa was part of a conspiracy to evangelise India. Hindus were converted in the name of doing service (at Basti, UP in July, 2016)
- On Yoga: Lord Shankar was the biggest yogi who started yoga. Mahadev lives in every particle of this country. So those who want to avoid yoga and Lord Shankar can leave Hindustan (at Varanasi, June 9, 2015)
UP will definitely change but I am not sure if it will be for bad or good.
I also think, Aditya’s selection is just Modi’s gear for LokSabha, 2019. Many friend of mine have told me that even Modi was a Hindu leader but he proved to be a statesman after getting the responsibility of being the CM of the state and PM of India. So even Mr. Yogi can do that. In my opinion, this comparison is just not right. We need to go back in time and recall the image, Mr. Modi carried. His statements were never against Muslims or Christians in particular. One or two statements, that too, moderate ones, in the beginning of his political career just can’t be considered equivalent to the type of polarising and divisive statements that Mr. Yogi usually gives(I have already mentioned his statements in the beginning of the article)
Jindagi Barbaad Ho Giya Uttar Pradesh Ka. Yogi Aditya Nath is to Muslim as Owaisi is to Hindus. Bad days have started hope it not to be worse. ‘Yogi, Modi and Rogi Uttar Pradesh’ this title is suggested by one of my college friend (Ankit Chauhan). Interesting.
Let’s hope and pray for something Good !!